Amid a revolution in a South American mining outpost, a band of ill-starred fugitives-a roguish adventurer (Georges Marchal), a local hooker (Simone Signoret), a priest (Michel Piccoli), an aging diamond miner (Charles Vanel) and his deaf-mute daughter are forced to flee for their lives into the jungle. Starving, exhausted and stripped of their old identities, they wander desperately lured by one deceptive promise of salvation after another. Shot in brilliant Eastmancolor and featuring a star-studded cast, Death in the Garden is a pulsating adventure film, alive with Surrealist gestures, making it classic Luis Buñuel.
In French and Spanish with English subtitles.
* Mastered in HD from a 35mm archive print.
* Audio commentary by film scholar Ernesto R. Acevedo-Munoz, author of 'Buñuel and Mexico'
* New video interviews with actor Michael Piccoli and film scholar Victor Fuentes
* Booklet featuring essays by Javier Espada, Juan-Luis Buñuel and Susan Hayward
* New and improved English subtitle translation